PROCEDURES TO STUDY AT THE UNIVERSITAS MERDEKA MALANG
Foreign students submit an application letter directly to
Kantor Urusan Internasional
Universitas Merdeka Malang
1st Floor, Jl. Terusan Raya Dieng 62-64 Malang,
East Java, Indonesia.
with all supporting documents:
1. curriculum vitae (resume, personal data);
2. guarantee statement, indicating financial ability to undertake education within Indonesia, in the form of a bank statement;
3. personal statement, stating that the applicant will not engage in a job and will obey the Indonesian laws and regulations;
4. copies of academic record and diplomas;
5. recommendation letter from applicant’s school/ institution;
6. recommendation letter from the Indonesian Embassy/Consulate General;
7. 4 passport size photographs;
8. a copy of passport showing the applicant’s picture and the date of issuance and expiration. The passport must be valid and current for the period of study in Indonesia;
9. Statement of good health from applicant’s doctor.
Should an applicant receive an offer of admission, the university becomes the facilitator or sponsor of the applicant during the study periods in Indonesia. Then we will request the applicant’s study permit to the Ministry of National Education of Indonesia. After the study permit has been issued, Unmer will assist you to get a limited stay visa (VITAS) for 12 months; issued through the nearest Indonesian Embassy/Consulate in your country.
It will take at least three/four months to arrange the study permit and visa.
We strongly suggest you only leave for Indonesia only with this kind of visa (VITAS). Do not ever try to use another visa such as Cultural Social Visiting Visa (VKSB) or you will have to go to Immigration office every month for extension and have to leave Indonesia after 6 months to get a new visa.
• The 1st semester begins from September and the 2nd semester from February.
• The medium of instruction is the Indonesian language. They have International Program that uses English as the medium of instruction.