Visa Information

Visa Types and Stay Permit

A. Stay Permit

Types of Visa for Staying in Indonesia

1.Diplomatic Visa

2.Work Visa

3.Tourist Visa

4.Socio-Cultural Visa

5.Limited Stay Visa

The appropriate visa for international students to study in Indonesia is the Limited Stay Visa (VITAS). Usually it is for 6 months, 1 year, or two years length of stay. Another option is to come to Indonesia with a Socio-Cultural Visa, which permits two months of stay and can be extended every month up to four times, but the process can be inconvenient.


Study Permit

Since your purpose to come to Indonesia is for studying, your VITAS application will require a study permit from the Ministry of National Education of the Republic of Indonesia in order to issue visa authorization from the Immigration Office in Indonesia. It takes quite long time to process, often up to two or three months. It is our responsibility as your host institution in Indonesia to help you get the study permit in order to get your visa authorization of your entry to Indonesia. Please contact us to give you assistance in this matter. We will be happy to forward all the information and the procedures to you.

An international student who wishes to study at Universitas Merdeka Malang is strongly recommended to come to Indonesia with a VITAS, which can then be converted to a KITAS (Limited Stay Permit) upon your arrival to Indonesia. With the visa authorization faxed to your address, you can apply for a VITAS at the Embassy/Consulate of the Republic of Indonesia in your country.

1. Applying New Student Visa


Download here : or

 2. Student Visa Extension


Download here : or

Note: Please contact our admission officers for further information for your visa arrangements.