Learning Bahasa Indonesia at Universitas Merdeka Malang
Universitas Merdeka Malang offers you a course to learn Bahasa Indonesia through Pusat Bahasa Unmer Malang: The aim of this course is to provide courses and workshops for foreigners who are interested in Indonesian, Indonesian Culture, and Local Languages, especially Bahasa Malangan.
The language teachers and tutors are trained in both the Natural Approach and the Communicative Teaching Method, in which direct pertinence to real life situation and constant interaction are emphasized. Teachers of cultural courses are all qualified faculty members of various departments at Universitas Merdeka Malang.
Contact us at: Office of International Affairs. Our staff will be happy to inform you anything you want to know or Language Center. The registration form is available.
Office : Language Center, Pusat Bahasa of Universitas Merdeka Malang
Contact Person: Suatmo Panca Putra (Director)
1. Get Yourself a Bahasa Indonesia Teacher
A good teacher should be able not only to direct you but also to transfer the knowledge and explain everything the student has to know. It is strongly suggested that you have a Bahasa Indonesia teacher to tell you what early steps to take to learn Bahasa. If you have never learned the language before, it is sometimes confusing of where you should start and what to learn first. In this case, is the best option for you to get professional teachers for learning Bahasa Indonesia. The teachers at Pusat Bahasa can give you direction and guidance of where to start and also give you encouragement to really learn the language seriously. Studying Bahasa Indonesia with a good teacher will also definitely save a lot of your precious time.
Perfect Practice makes perfect. Learning Bahasa Indonesia should become easier with lots of practice. With frequent practice, your Bahasa should be getting better. You would be impressed with your Bahasa skill after a couple of months staying in Malang (with constant practice and daily use of it). In addition, you will also be able to speak Malang original language: Boso Walikan.
For the student who interest in this program, do not hesitate to download this registration form.
The course offer are:
Listening and Speaking
- Conversation and simple text on daily activities as well as express the idea of that conversation.
- Conversation and simple text about a place and can express statement on the sentence.
- Conversation and simple text about description of a place or object, and expressed his statement to change the sentence.
- Conversation and simple text on a schedule and plan to go somewhere.
Writing and Reading (Indonesian Grammar)
- Writing and reading a daily activity and can use basic words.
- Writing and reading an activity around us and can use the active and passive.
- Writing and Reading about some place or object and can be change the active to passive.
Indonesian Art and Culture
- Javanese traditional dance
- Javanese traditional musical instruments (Gamelan)
- Visiting to the temples
- Visiting to the agricultural site
- Visiting to the beach
Payment of Course Fee
ILICOS requires that applicants pay the entire course fee before the commencement of the course. Payment may be in either dollar or rupiah draft to our bank account number:
BNI 1946 Capern UNMER Malang
Jl. Terusan Raya Dieng 62-64
Phone: 62 (341) 562583
Group program (four-week) US$ 1,150/person
Individual program (one-week) US$ 300/person